This is an open-source
Laravel Tips and Tricks eBook that is a collection of my own notes that I've put together for myself throughout the years. You would more likely than not need many of those tips at some point in your career as a Laravel Developer.
The guide is suitable for anyone working as a Laravel developer and would love to learn some random Laravel tips and tricks. You can read the chapters in this book in a random order as they are completely separate tips or tricks.
To download a copy of the ebook use one of the following links:
Some of the chapters are:
- About the book
- How to Install Laravel on DigitalOcean with 1-Click
- How to get a free domain name for your Laravel project
- 8 Awesome VS Code Extensions for Laravel Developers
- What is Laravel Jetstream and how to get started
- How to check Laravel Blade View Syntax using artisan
- How to speed up your Laravel application with PHP OPcache
- What is Laravel Sail and how to get started
- How to add simple search to your Laravel blog/website
- How to Create Custom Laravel Maintenance Page
- What is Laravel Blade UI Kit and how to get started
- How to Add a Simple Infinite Scroll Pagination to Laravel?
- How to add a simple RSS feed to Laravel without using a package
- What is Laravel Zero and how to get started
- How to build a blog with Laravel and Wink
- How to copy or move records from one table to another in Laravel
- How to generate title slugs in Laravel
- What is Laravel Enlightn and how to use it
- How to consume an external API with Laravel and Guzzle
- How to send Discord notifications with Laravel
- How to encrypt and decrypt a string in Laravel
- How to remove a package from Laravel using composer
- What is Laravel Breeze and how to get started
- What are signed routes in Laravel and how to use them
- How to Quickly Change the Password for a User in Laravel
- How to convert markdown to HTML in Laravel and Voyager
- How to Create Response Macros in Laravel
- How to Get the Base URL in Laravel
- How to limit the length of a string in Laravel
- How to check 'if not null' with Laravel Eloquent
- How to get the current date and time in Laravel
- How to Get Current Route Name in Laravel
- How to Count and Detect Empty Laravel Eloquent Collections
- How to use Forelse loop in Laravel Blade
- How to Delete All Entries in a Table Using Laravel Eloquent
- How to check if a record exists with Laravel Eloquent
- How to Add Multiple Where Clauses Using Laravel Eloquent
- How to Add a New Column to an Existing Table in a Laravel Migration
- How to Rollback Database Migrations in Laravel
- How to Remove a Migration in Laravel
- How to create a contact form with Laravel Livewire
- How To Display HTML Tags In Blade With Laravel
- How to Set a Variable in Laravel Blade Template
- How to limit the result with Laravel Eloquent?
- How to Select Specific Columns in Laravel Eloquent
- How to get the Laravel Query Builder to Output the Raw SQL Query?
- How to Get the Last Inserted Id Using Laravel Eloquent?
- How to Order the Results of all() in Laravel Eloquent?
- How to fix Laravel Unknown Column 'updated_at'?
- How to Define Custom ENV Variables in Laravel?
- How to fix 'Please provide a valid cache path' error in Laravel?
- How to check your exact Laravel version?
- Contact Form with Voyager and Laravel
- Scaling Laravel App with Multiple Databases
This book is made possible thanks to these fantastic companies!
DigitalOcean is a cloud services platform delivering the simplicity developers love and businesses trust to run production applications at scale.
It provides highly available, secure, and scalable compute, storage, and networking solutions that help developers build great software faster.
Founded in 2012 with offices in New York and Cambridge, MA, DigitalOcean offers transparent and affordable pricing, an elegant user interface, and one of the largest libraries of open source resources available.
If you are new to DigitalOcean, you can get a free $100 credit and spin up your own servers via this referral link here:
The DevDojo is a resource to learn all things web development and web design. Learn on your lunch break or wake up and enjoy a cup of coffee with us to learn something new.
Join this developer community, and we can all learn together, build together, and grow together.
🕸️ Web Page
A web page showcasing the eBook:
The web page was built using Tails, a new
kick-ass drag-and-drop TailwindCSS page builder!
DigitalOcean App Platform
The will be hosted on the DigitalOcean App Platform.
We will utilize the "Deploy to DigitalOcean" Button to deploy to the App Platform:
💻 Laravel Playground
You can follow the tips from the book with this online playground here:
👋 About the author
My name is Bobby Iliev, and I have been working as a Linux DevOps Engineer since 2014. I am an avid Linux lover and supporter of the open-source movement philosophy. I am always doing that which I cannot do in order that I may learn how to do it, and I believe in sharing knowledge.
I think it's essential always to keep professional and surround yourself with good people, work hard, and be nice to everyone. You have to perform at a consistently higher level than others. That's the mark of a true professional.
In case that you want to support me you can Buy Me a Coffee here:
🔥 PDF Generation Tool
Ibis is a PHP tool that helps you write eBooks in markdown.
🎨 Book Cover
The cover for this ebook was created with Canva.com.
If you ever need to create a graphic, poster, invitation, logo, presentation – or anything that looks good — give Canva a go.
Icons made by Pixel perfect.
📖 Other books
If you are contributing 🍿 please read the contributing file before submitting your pull requests.
Any suggestions for future topics would be appriciated
To support me, make sure to follow me on Twitter at @bobbyiliev_